Thursday, November 27, 2008

Lito's Thoughts...

As I sit here on thanksgiving day, I can't help but think of my childhood and all the memories of traveling from Fresno to visit family in San Jose or Visalia. I can even recall my dad coming into my room and slowly picking me up from my slumber and placing me in the car as we prepared for our long haul out of town. The relationship with my father has always been one I look back on for strength and encouragment. Like the time some family members were upset with me for having values and convictions my father stood by my side and with a mighty roar of a lion protecting his cubs I felt secure. Yet even though my father seemed so strong to me it was the times of his gentleness and kindness that I appreciate the most. As I prepare this journey of Fatherhood I can't help but think of this future baby as one I can just love and care for all the time. Tiffany and I often look at our pasts and see where we are and are grateful for the challenges and hard times we've been through because of who it's made us. And all we want for this baby is to, "Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it." -Prov. 22:6. this seems like a lot to take in and I don't want to force any of this on that future baby. All I can see as being the way to do this is by loving them s my parents loved me. I would never doubt that my parents would love me even when I had bad news they always made me feel safe in sharing my shortcomings, failures, and even sins. I thank God for that has made me a man that is transparent and honest. In a conversation with my father just days ago he unbeknowst to Tiffany's pregnancy shared a story of me when he first took me to Mexico to visit the family, explaining he didn't know what to do with me because babies didn't come with an instruction manual. All I can say my parents did pretty good making up as they went. Hopefully the things I've learned from them the things Tiffany has learned from her Mom and family we can take God's word and allow it to be a shinning light in our house for our children, "as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD." -Joshua 24:15

No comments: